Authorities announced on Wednesday that a fatal tiger attack in a Beijing wildlife park in July was not ruled an “industry security accident,” meaning the park holds no responsibility, state television reports.
The authority in Yanqing District published a report on Monday ruling that the attack happened because the victims were not following the rules of Badaling Wildlife World, CCTV reported.
The report said a 32-year-old female victim ignored warnings in the wildlife park and exited the car she was a passenger in, putting herself in danger and being severely mauled by a tiger. The woman’s mother, 57, tried to save her daughter and was also attacked, dying at the scene.
The park had multiple signs and brochures telling visitors not to leave their cars and warnings were also repeatedly broadcast over loudspeakers.
The younger victim had been stabilised and was no longer in hospital, the report said.
The authorities advised in the case report that Badaling Wildlife World should increase readiness to react to potential dangers and take extra measures to inform tourists of safety measures.
Article source: http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2008401/authorities-rule-wildlife-park-not-responsible-fatal-tiger-attack