Share

Chinese girl’s home destroyed in blaze after she films fire instead of putting it out

A flat in eastern China was destroyed in a fire after a girl living in the home filmed the blaze with her mobile phone rather than putting it out, according to a newspaper report.

The fire broke out in a wall socket and spread to the couch at about 4pm on Wednesday at an apartment in Nanjing in Jiangsu province, the Yangtse Evening Post reported.

Only the family’s daughter was at home and she started filming the blaze instead of trying to extinguish the flames, according to the article.

The fire soon spread and the home was destroyed.

Man found burned to death in fire at subdivided flat in Hong Kong

The fire was reported by a neighbour who saw thick smoke billowing out of the building.

The neighbour helped put out the fire before firefighters arrived and doused the blaze.

Nobody was injured in the fire, which may have been caused by faulty wiring.

No details were given in the report about the girl.

Article source: http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2061914/chinese-girl-films-sofa-fire-phone-and-flats-destroyed