Five things you need to know about the CCB (Asia) Hong Kong Wine Dine Festival on the Central harbourfront from October 27-30.
1. There are more than 400 booths in five zones this year, offering samples of food and drink from 26 countries and regions.
2. The five zones serve up wine, whisky, craft beers, cocktails, and signature dishes from some of Hong Kong’s top restaurants and hotels.
3. Among the top chefs in the Tasting Room is Gaggan Anand, whose Gaggan restaurant in Bangkok tops the rankings of Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2016. He’ll be collaborating with chefs from Michelin-starred Hong Kong restaurants including T’ang Court, Ming Court and Mandarin Grill + Bar, and other top establishments such as Yee Tung Heen, to present a one-of-a-kind Master Chef Dinner on the evening of October 29.
4. At the Hong Kong Bar in the Tasting Room, eight of the city’s top bartenders have created Hong Kong-inspired cocktails that are paired with a dish.
5. On the afternoon of October 29, visitors can sample whimsical treats at the Dessert Garden, an array of snacks and confections by the Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong.
Tickets for the CCB (Asia) Hong Kong Wine Dine Festival cost HK$30 and can be bought at festival entrances in Admiralty (near Tamar Park) and Central (near Pier 9).
The festival is open from 7.30pm to 11.30pm on October 27; on October 28 and 29 it’s open from noon until 11.30pm, and on October 30 from noon until 10pm.
For more information visit http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/promotions/winedinefestival
Article source: http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/food-drink/article/2040563/five-fast-facts-about-hong-kong-wine-dine-festival-opening