1. Pyjama dressing is big in the spring/summer 2017 collection of Shanghai-based designer Helen Lee (who designs for chic sports brand Perfect Moment, as well as her own labels). From a sumptuous pair of baby-blue silk pyjamas to wraparound robe dresses and silky, satiny fabrics, the influence of sleepwear is clear. The result? A very languid and sensual line-up.
2. Instead of doing one big presentation and catwalk show, Lee opted for a couture-style show held in a picturesque designer-interiors showroom. She split it into three smaller shows over the course of a day (separating press and VIP clients) so that each session seemed more intimate and relaxed and guests could enjoy their champagne without jostling for seats.
3. Painterly Chinese florals were a central theme of her collection, lending a traditional and decorative vibe to her fluid summery dresses and feminine silhouettes.
4. Among our favourite items were shiny PVC waffle-texture bomber jackets that looked very contemporary and provided some structure with rounded shoulders. Add on some pretty embroidered motifs and the result is very desirable.
5. It’s a trend we’ve been seeing everywhere, but the tie straps (fastened in bows) all along the sleeve and shoulder of a gingham dress and shirt lent a bit of an edge to a rather feminine collection. We suspect this will be the standout feature for Chinese bloggers and more extrovert fashion fans.